Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jack Bauer is my hero!



This is seriously good television. Does anyone else find themselves asking WWJBD (What would Jack Bauer do)?

If you haven't gotten addicted yet and you can handle a serious adrenaline rush, check out 24. My wife and I rented the first season DVD about six months ago. We are now watching last season. This is about as fast a pace as you can handle in a TV show. Kiefer Sutherland plays agent Jack Bauere, a counter-terrorist agent in Los Angeles. Each season Jack is confronted with a terrorist plot to do some serious damage to the United States and has just 24 hours to save the world. There are twenty-four episodes in each season, so the entire season represents a real-time account of a single day in Jack's life. It is a very cool way to watch a show.

It is well-written and smart. Just a warning, though. Every episode leaves you at the edge of your seat, wanting more. The only negative I have about the show is that you have to suspend reality somewhat to believe all the stuff that happens to this one guy, but what TV show doesn't ask us to do that.

Jack Bauer is my hero!

2 comments:

The Missional Position said...

yeah he is your hero in tv land but everyone knows I am your real hero.

Shawn said...

You are my hero in sideburns land.