Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Loving My Wife

I readily admit that there was a time when I was the village idiot when it came to expressing love and affection to my wife and being a romantic Prince Charming. I'm the guy who offered to take my wife out to a movie and eat at Taco Bell afterwards on our anniversary (Ouch!) But somewhere along the way, by the grace of God and with the help of my awesome wife, I figured it out.

Let me just say, my wife is a total hottie! There are many days that I look at her and think, "Dang, how'd I get so lucky?" One of the joys of my life now is continually thinking of new and meaningful ways that I can express my love to her.

Last Friday we went to the Trinity School of Dance and the Arts in Durant, OK, and took the ballroom dancing class. We learned the waltz, the foxtrot, the rumba, and some Irish/cowboy line dance thing. It was a blast, and my wife thought I was the biggest stud in all the world.

Guys, let me offer you a revolutionary piece of advice: Husbands, love your wives. It's amazing how many men just don't get this. Focus on expressing love to your wife in ways that are romantic and meaningful to her and do it regularly and you will never regret it.

No comments: