Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thinking of You

In the week after Brick's death, I was beginning to feel crushed beneath the weight of my own grief, coupled with carrying the grief of others, trying to come up with the right words to say to honor Brick, and dealing with some other pretty big ministry situations. I went to our mailbox to get the mail, and on the way I just said a quick prayer just saying, "God, I really need to hear from you right now." When I got the mail, there was a letter from my grandmother, and across the seal on the envelope was a sticker that said, "Thinking of you." Right then, it was like God said, "That's from me. I'm thinking of you. I care about you, and it matters to me what you are going through right now."

How awesome is it that the God of the universe is thinking of us. "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable!" Psalm 139:17.

No comments: